SPECIALISTS AT COLLECTING AND ANALYSING BATHYMETRY DATA
DML undertakes hydrographic & topographic surveys for managing coastal environments and marine assets. We work with central government, regional councils, engineering firms, coastal scientists, utilities & infrastructure and port authorities.
Using high-tech sensors, digital echo sounders and mobile laser scanners we produce bathymetric data, point cloud data and 3D imaging in whatever format our clients require.
bathymetry | dredging surveys | underwater imaging | river erosion monitoring | coastal surveys | backscatter & water column data
When DML first began business, our focus was the collection of bathymetric data used to create nautical charts. Accurate nautical charts are vital for mariners navigating through busy ports and harbours and shipping lanes. Safe navigation depends on knowing ocean depths to understand the under keel clearance beneath vessels and the seabed surface.
Over time, DML surveys has expanded services to include:
- pre and post dredging surveys
- underwater imaging of submerged structures
- monitoring of erosion in rivers and coastal areas
- tracking sediment movement
- seabed and habitat mapping
- provision of bathymetric data for tsunami modelling and coastal resilience planning
- collection of backscatter and water column data for scientific studies
- laser scanning of shoreline infrastructure
- tidal studies