we care about our people | our clients | the environment
We work in challenging environments around water and multiple hazards. The safety of our people takes precedence above all else. Through active Health & Safety management practices we aim to:
- Promote excellence in health and safety management.
- Continually improve current health and safety performance.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Identify and control actual and potential hazards.
- Establish and maintain communication on health and safety.
- Support employee participation in health and safety matters.
- Identify needs and provide training on health and safety.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the accurate reporting and recording of health and safety matters.
- Comply with legal and organisational obligations
DML and our people hold the following certifications and competencies:
- Maritime Transport Operator Certificate, Maritime New Zealand Maritime Operator Safety System (MNZ MOSS)
- International Hydrographic Organisation Category A Surveyor (IHO Cat A), International Hydrographic Organisation
- Certified Professional Hydrographic Surveyor Level 1 (CPHS 1), Australasian Hydrographic Surveyors Certification Panel (AHSCP)
- impac PREQUAL, Category 2, 5 Star Assessment Rating
- Site Wise Site Safe Green Accreditation
- New Zealand Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) Workplace Safety Discount (WSD) Accredited
DML is striving to achieve the following goals in order to be genuinely sustainable:
- Our People
We are valued for our hard work and commitment to each other. Our people are adept at applying their knowledge and skills to a changing environment. This drives personal fulfillment and company success, while promoting a healthier society.
- Smart Solutions
We contribute to society and the planet by applying innovative solutions and providing accurate data, efficiently. This enables our customers to better understand marine and fresh water environments.
- Partners for Change
We are responsible leaders for change and openly collaborate with our customers, suppliers, communities and government by sharing our visions and ideas. This enables all stakeholders to participate and influence the outcome.
- Responsible Operations
We operate in and around water which is impacted by our presence. We work with care, resulting in positive results for everyone.
- Trusted Advocates
Our 'offices' are the marine and freshwater environments. Through trusted leadership and open communication we inform our people, customers, suppliers, local communities and government about what is occurring in real-time. This encourages engagement by all stakeholders.
"DML are one of our trusted suppliers, we are very happy to hear that they have gone out of their way to pro-actively engage with the local community over the course of the entire survey."