Our Health & Safety Programme
We work in challenging environments around water and multiple hazards. The safety of our people takes precedence above all else. Through active Health & Safety management practices we aim to:
- Promote excellence in health and safety management.
- Continually improve current health and safety performance.
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment.
- Identify and control actual and potential hazards.
- Establish and maintain communication on health and safety.
- Support employee participation in health and safety matters.
- Identify needs and provide training on health and safety.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the accurate reporting and recording of health and safety matters.
- Comply with legal and organisational obligations.
Our Certfications and Competencies
DML and our people hold the following certifications and competencies:
- Maritime Transport Operator Certificate, Maritime New Zealand Maritime Operator Safety System (MNZ MOSS)
- International Hydrographic Organisation Category A Surveyor (IHO Cat A), International Hydrographic Organisation
- Certified Professional Hydrographic Surveyor Level 1 (CPHS 1), Australasian Hydrographic Surveyors Certification Panel (AHSCP)
- Site Wise Site Safe Green Accreditation
- New Zealand Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) Workplace Safety Discount (WSD) Accredited